note: it is now a reaction video! (get with the times)
Why I will not be installing Windows 11!
I initially wrote this because I wanted to make a video talking about the Windows 11 reveal, and I wanted to have a list of things so I would stay on track. That video wasn't very good, so I decided to just throw it up on the website!!
- It's just a souped up version of the Windows Vista widgets, except it's powered by A.I... for some reason.
- It magically adapts to your political biases, unless your politcal biases are wrong. #bassed
- I can just use an RSS reader, I do not need this.
Native Android Apps
- I could just install Android apps onto my phone. What am I going to do, play Crossy Road on my PC? No!
- I wonder if it's going to be locked down. Like, I wonder if it will prevent developers from testing their apps on it. Probably not, but it's something to think about.
- They added automatic HDR, a.k.a. it cranks the contrast up to make your games prettier. I do not care!
- They said that Windows 11 was made for gaming, which sucks because I do not play video games. :(
- Centering the icons is kinda dumb.
- What they tried to do was make it unique just for the sake of being unique, but all it really did was confuse a bunch of old people.
- I can no longer see the titles of my applications! That's kinda a bummer.
- The only thing I really wanted was an updated file explorer!
- It's been the same since Windows 8.
- Looking at the leak, it seems the only thing they did was add padding everywhere. I am upset!
- Microsoft developed a whole design language, and then only updated like 30% of the OS to actually match it. Cringe!
Finally, my PC does not support it. I thought my laptop was pretty good, but I guess not. I am NOT going to buy a whole new computer just to use a new operating system! Also I have insufficent funds! #losing.
Also you are dumb if you install the leaked build onto your computer.
This page was created on June 25th, 2021, and was last updated on June 26th, 2021.